The City of Bonn and the Right Livelihood College cordially invite you to a Panel Discussion with the following panellists:
- Colin Gonsalves, “Alternative Nobel Prize” Winner, Human Rights Law Network, India
- Abdallah Saleh Possi, Ambassador of the United Republic of Tanzania in Germany and RLC Bonn Alumnus
- Nancy Okail, Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy, Egypt.
on Wednesday, 13 June, at 6:00 p.m. at the Old Town Hall of the City of Bonn, Markt, Bonn, followed by an informal reception.
The panelists will talk about their work for securing and upholding human rights to every citizen, including minorities, children, and people with disabilities. They will share most successful practical advocating tools, including public interest integration, social inclusion and good governance approaches.
Dr. Colin Gonsalves is founder of the Human Rights Law Network (HRLN) in New Delhi, and Senior Advocate at the Supreme Court of India. As a lawyer he has engaged in numerous public interest litigations to hold the government to account and secure a broad spectrum of human rights. In 2017 he was awarded with the “Alternative Nobel Prize”, the Right Livelihood Award.
H.E. Dr. Abdallah Saleh Possi is Ambassador of the United Republic of Tanzania in Germany, former Deputy Minister of State in the Tanzanian Prime Minister's Office responsible for persons with disabilities. He is an Alumnus of the Right Livelihood College (RLC) Campus Bonn.
Dr. Nancy Okail is the Executive Director of The Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy (TIMEP) in Washington, DC, and former Director of Freedom House Egypt.
- Reinhard Limbach, Deputy Mayor, City of Bonn
- PD Dr. Eva Youkhana, Center for Development Research (ZEF)
- Dr. Juliane Kronen, Right Livelihood Award Foundation (RLAF)
- Stefan Bienefeld, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Dr. Merjam Wakili, Deutsche Welle
The event will be held in English.
Kindly confirm your participation by 11 June via e-mail to event-office-international(at)bonn.de