Are you or your partner looking for a job in Bonn and the surrounding area? Our job board offers job opportunities that have been posted by international organizations and companies from Bonn and the region which are looking for employees with a foreign background. Most of these job offers do not call for German language skills or for basic language skills only.
Further information is available from the Dual Career Network Rhineland and the job board of the Employment Agency (Agentur für Arbeit)
Position: Junior Officer, EcoMobility
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of over 1,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future. By helping the ICLEI Network to become sustainable, low-carbon, ecomobile, resilient, biodiverse, resource-efficient, healthy and happy, with a green economy and smart infrastructure, we impact over 25% of the global urban population.
The EcoMobility Team in the ICLEI World Secretariat is searching for further support for the implementation of the current projects, such as the IKI EcoLogistics - Low carbon freight for sustainable cities and the EcoMobility Alliance as well as to advance the EcoMobility working area in general and to strengthen our entire team.
We work in a multicultural, international environment with colleagues and partners around the globe.
We seek a highly motivated, pro-active and experienced candidate for the position of:
Junior Officer, EcoMobility
The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat based in Bonn, Germany and will be placed within the EcoMobility team.
Delivery of defined tasks within the EcoMobility agenda to further support the team in developing ICLEI’s strategic and thematic standing in the area of EcoMobility:
• Provide input to all project implementation tasks;
• Co-support the management of ICLEI’s IKI EcoLogistics - Low carbon freight for sustainable cities and related projects;
• Engage in constant communication and maintain effective partnerships with EcoMobility Alliance cities, particularly the Spanish speaking cities;
• Communicate with ICLEI members, public policy makers, municipal technical staff, business partners and the broader public within the framework of international projects;
• Keep abreast of latest developments in sustainable urban mobility;
• Develop and support the drafting and publication of fact sheets and technical reports;
• Undertake research, develop case studies, source and write news articles and newsletters;
• Represent the team in EcoMobility related events and undertake presentations as necessary as far as they are part of the delegated tasks;
• Being part of project design, proposal writing and acquisition for EcoMobility related projects;
• Support the team in all tasks as needed.
Further information on ICLEI’s EcoMobility program:
• Minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience;
• University degree in a relevant subject such as urban mobility, urban planning, environment science, international development or public relations;
• Knowledge of sustainable urban mobility, in particular urban freight;
• Experience in supporting the management of work plans and the organization of events;
• Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders in an international level;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Fluency in written and spoken Spanish within a professional environment, preferably on the level of a native speaker;
• Proficiency in computer skills and web content management;
• Pro-active attitude in team work required;
• Motivation to work in a multicultural environment.
Terms and conditions:
The position is available from April 2018 to 30 April 2019 at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. An extension is desired but dependent on performances and availability of projects.
• The Junior Officer, EcoMobility is placed within ICLEI’s EcoMobility team and reports to the EcoMobility Officer in charge of the respective projects.
• ICLEI is offering an annual salary of 25.200 to 32.022 EUR before tax and social insurance fees for the full-time position. The final salary will be determined based on the chosen applicant’s skills and experience.
• Workings hours: 40/week
• 30 days of paid leave per year for a full-time position.
• Working language: English
• Due to legal requirements, applicants must be eligible to obtain an appropriate work permit for Germany prior to the start of the position.
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Junior Officer, EcoMobility” in the subject line and send us:
• A letter of motivation
• Your recent CV (3 pages at most)
• Indication of possible start date
• Indication of citizenship (and if non-EU, whether you are holder of a work permit for Germany)
Please note that applications received after the deadline cannot be considered.
In order to support the evaluation via interview, shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a written test relevant to the job content prior to the interview.
Kindly note, that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable.
The ICLEI World Secretariat shall only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position.
Deadline for application is 19 April 2018.