Tax offices (Finanzämter) are local financial administration authorities, and administer taxes. Anyone working in Germany and paying taxes must submit an annual tax return form to their responsible tax office. Tax advisors can offer help with this. The Finanzamt also levies other taxes, such as

  • The income tax which the self-employed are required to pay,
  • Motor vehicle tax for cars registered in Germany,
  • Land transfer tax which is payable upon the purchase of a house or plot of land.

The city of Bonn has two Finanzämter with different responsibilities: the Finanzamt Bonn-Innenstadt is responsible for all city-centre inhabitants, and the Finanzamt Bonn-Außenstadt for the city's outlying areas. Motor vehicle tax for the entire of Bonn is administered by the Finanzamt Bonn-Innenstadt.

Finanzamt Bonn Außenstadt

Bachstraße 36
53115 Bonn
Phone: 0228 72680
Fax: 0800 100 9267 5206

Finanzamt Bonn Innenstadt

Welschnonnenstraße 15
53111 Bonn
Telefon: 0228 718-0
Telefax: 0800 100 9267 5205

To find your relevant Finanzamt, visit:

To top