Bonn ranks among Germany's top business locations. The strong growth of knowledge-based services and the close interaction between city, economy, and scholarship make Bonn particularly attractive. Its resident multinationals - for example global players like Deutsche Telekom and Deutsche Post DHL group - take their social responsibility seriously. This is seen in their commitment to the UN Global Compact. Bonn also has a wealth of small and medium-sized businesses that offer a broad range of products and services.
Comparative worldwide studies have confirmed for many years that Bonn offers an outstanding quality of life. Surrounded by some of the most delightful countryside in Europe, its residents have a wide range of recreational options. They also have access to highly acclaimed educational establishments. The Bonn International School, for example, guarantees schooling geared to global standards: an important location factor for international employees.
Factors that speak for Bonn as a business location:
- Situated in one of the strongest economic regions in Europe (Ruhr/Rhine/Main)
- Ongoing population growth
- Relatively low unemploymentHigh purchasing power
- Many young, well-educated people
- Excellent science and research environment
- Diverse property market, from office space to family dwellings in the suburbs