Are you or your partner looking for a job in Bonn and the surrounding area? Our job board offers job opportunities that have been posted by international organizations and companies from Bonn and the region which are looking for employees with a foreign background. Most of these job offers do not call for German language skills or for basic language skills only.
Further information is available from the Dual Career Network Rhineland and the job board of the Employment Agency (Agentur für Arbeit)
Position: IT Assistant
IFOAM - Organics International is an NGO that promotes the broad adoption of truly sustainable agriculture, value chains and consumption in line with the principles of organic agriculture.
Founded in 1972 the mission of IFOAM – Organics International is leading the change – organically.
It’s an exciting time to join our team. In a growing international organization demands on Information Technology (IT) are also increasing. To support our IT Officer we are looking for an Student IT Assistant.
We work in a Mac-based office environment and we maintain an inhouse Mac server and several Linux-based webservers. As IT Assistant you prepare computers for new colleagues and you learn to take over basic tasks of the infrastructure maintenance. You also act as a first-level support for our team in Bonn and occasionally also for colleagues working from abroad.
As a proactive team player you are working collaboratively as part of a multicultural and interdisciplinary team of 26 and based in Bonn, Germany, reporting to the IT Officer.
Prepare Mac computers for new colleagues;
• Independently support the office team in IT matters;
• Maintenance of Linux and mac servers;
• Maintain parts of our network infrastructure;
• Support the IT Officer.
Experience in IT support;
• Familiar with the macOS operating system;
• Experience with at least one Linux distribution, e.g. Ubuntu;
• Familiar with the command line;
• Ability to communicate in English, additional languages (e.g. German, French and/or Spanish) are valued;
• Ability to resolve problems independently;
• Responsible, reliable and service-oriented.