Are you or your partner looking for a job in Bonn and the surrounding area? Our job board offers job opportunities that have been posted by international organizations and companies from Bonn and the region which are looking for employees with a foreign background. Most of these job offers do not call for German language skills or for basic language skills only.
Further information is available from the Dual Career Network Rhineland and the job board of the Employment Agency (Agentur für Arbeit)
Position: Junior Officer Data Management
Job Opportunity in Bonn, Germany –
Join ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability!
Deadline: 20 February 2019
ICLEI firmly believes that sustainable cities are the foundation of a more just and sustainable world. We are doing our part to make sustainability an inextricable part of urban development and to embed a strong urban component in national and global sustainability policy.
The ICLEI Global Capacity Center is a division of the ICLEI World Secretariat which serves key organizational functions for the World Secretariat and the entire global organization and implements and/or manages projects within the World Secretariat. The ICLEI Global Capacity Center also provides and coordinates local ICT services to the ICLEI World Secretariat as well as global ICT services to the 17 regional offices.
We are offering a position in the Data & Knowledge Management team as
Junior Officer, Data Management
The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat team based in Bonn, Germany and will be placed within the ICLEI Global Capacity Center. The position is ideal for individuals who want to develop a data management profile in the not-for-profit sector.
• Support the coordinating of ICLEI’s global database development process with the external database developer.
• Support development and update of APIs by creating and maintaining mapping files
• Create and maintain reporting forms and tools for the reporting and extraction of urban and regional data
• Support the facilitation of auto-population of reporting forms with the creation and maintenance of mapping files
• Maintain regular contact with contracted external service providers tasked with database and online system development
• Testing of the existing and newly developed systems, managing the testing report, coordinating troubleshooting with the external database developer
• Structuring and managing various project databases in MS Access and other web-based database system administration interfaces
• Support in the development of reporting frameworks for projects and initiatives
• Guiding and supporting colleagues in database and database related systems use. Provide regular trainings to colleagues on how the use of the database can improve the efficiency of their project work
• Prepare and support webinars with global ICLEI staff and Members on topics such as data management, reporting and data analysis
• Update Membership database based on changes reported from ICLEI’s Regional Offices
• Support upload and extraction of data from/into reporting forms
• Provide regular reports to colleagues (e.g. mailing lists, participant lists, reporting cities)
• Support planning and implementation of electronic mass mailings
• Support the Head of ICLEI’s Global Capacity Center in the execution of other projects and tasks as necessary
• Minimum of 1 year of experience with database and data management related tasks or user support in an office environment
• University degree (or equivalent) or completed apprenticeship in Information Systems, Data Administration, Computer Sciences or a related field
• Good knowledge of database modelling, MS Access 2010 and MS Excel 2010
• Excellent command of English language (written and spoken)
• Experience working with non-for-profit and/or Membership organizations
• Good knowledge of MySQL, PHP, Python
• Additional languages spoken in ICLEI Regional Offices (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, Chinese)
• Well organized, accurate and attentive to details
• Take ownership of activities and responsibilities
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good problem solving skills and solution oriented approach
• Self-motivation and pro-active attitude
• Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations
Terms and conditions:
The position is immediately available at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. The duration is planned until the end of 2020, with a possible extension. The employee will be supervised by the Officer, Data & Knowledge Management.
ICLEI is offering a salary of 29,000 – 32,022 EUR (full time) before tax and social insurance fees, with the final salary to be determined based on the chosen applicant’s skills and experience.
- Workings hours: 40 per week (full time)
- 30 days of paid leave per year (full time)
- Working language: English
- All genders are welcome
- Due to legal requirements, applicants must be eligible to obtain an appropriate work permit for Germany prior to the start of the position.
Send us your cover letter, Curriculum vitae, certificates and letters of reference in one pdf of up to 5 MB size to jobs.bonn at iclei.org. Please include “Junior Officer, Data Management” in the subject line. Please also indicate your possible start date and your citizenship (and if non-EU, whether you are holder of a work permit for Germany)
Be aware that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable. The ICLEI World Secretariat will only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position.
Deadline: 20 February 2019
Please note that applications received after the deadline cannot be considered.
ICLEI e.V. Local Governments for Sustainability
World Secretariat, Human Resources
D – 53113 Bonn